Client failed to create a folder

Ask all your questions on desktop sync clients. Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Questions on desktop sync clients only.
You want to report a bug or check for feature requests?
Please visit https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues

Client failed to create a folder

Postby mjdidi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 am

All of Synclients have the same problem, i can upload and download my files and on the webpage i can create Folders, but in the clients it doesn´t work.

Owncloud Client says only he can´t create the folder.

Syncovery show me this log:

ebooks\metadata.db (Forbidden: HTTP Put not supported. at 00DD6C43.Checkpoints: FTPMakeSureX/DCopy05t)

\ebooks\metadata_db_prefs_backup.json (Forbidden: HTTP Put not supported. at 00DD6C43.Checkpoints: FTPMakeSureX/DCopy05t)

\ebooks\xxx\xxx 2012_02 (10)\xxx2012_02 - xxx.pdf (Forbidden: HTTP Put not supported. at 00DD6C43.Checkpoints: Central3/DCopy05t)

What should i do with a drunken client? =P

//edit:
With Android App i can create folders on the server
mjdidi

ownCloud version: 4.5.0

Re: Client failed to create a folder

Postby Rancor » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 am

Hi,

thats probably not a problem of your Sync Client. The error shows that the HTTP PUT method is not allowed at your webserver. So please check that:

1. You don't have enabled the WebDAV module of your webserver

2. You don't have forbidden the HTTP PUT method in your webservers config.
*mostly inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 6.0.4
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby mjdidi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Oh :( . I havn´t a webserver. I installed owncloud in a VM with ubuntu 12.04 . So i must look in the Apache options, right?

But why should i forbidden HTTP PUT ? This options allow me to overwrite the files, this is a must have option for synchronize, or not?

hm with the client "Allway Sync" i can create folder an he uploaded all files, but he see not the same files? Oo . Also i uploaded the files. But by the next syncronize the program says to me "File does not exist" , althoug there are the same files. He uploaded the files again, why can't he compare the files on the server and my homepc. Is it a Server problem, too?

"API call error, HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND" says allway sync. I try to google =)
mjdidi

ownCloud version: 4.5.0

Postby Rancor » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

mjdidi wrote:Oh :( . I havn´t a webserver. I installed owncloud in a VM with ubuntu 12.04 . So i must look in the Apache options, right?

Apache is a webserver, so yes you have a webserver and have to check that the mod_webdav is not enabled in Apache.

[quote="mjdidi"
But why should i forbidden HTTP PUT ? This options allow me to overwrite the files, this is a must have option for synchronize, or not?
[/quote]

No, you don't have to forbid HTTP PUT. You have to check in your apaches config file that it is not forbidden.
*mostly inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 6.0.4
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Return to ownCloud desktop sync clients