CBR/CBZ files

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 5 is not supported anymore! Only security issues are fixed. Please upgrade your ownCloud.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

CBR/CBZ files

Postby mikehadfield » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:41 pm

I am a newbie here, and have got ownCloud working ok, with access via the Android client. The only problem I am having is that I am having trouble with the client downloading files of the type CBR and CBZ.

These are Comic Book files (RAR or ZIP based archives). On the android device there is a ComicBook reader app, along with PDF reader.

When I click on a CBR or CBZ file in the cloud to download, it downloads it (says the filetype is OCTET-STREAM) and then at the end it says something like "Open with....No apps can perform this action".

Also PDF files download but everytime It pops up a box asking what program to use to open the PDF file and I have to choose PDF reader each time.

The strange thing is that the same files hosted on GoogleDrive download and open in their respective readers without any problem. So I think the issue must be in either the ownCloud server, the ownCloud Android app - or both.

Can anyone help with getting this sorted?
Thanks
mikehadfield

ownCloud version: 5.0.10
Webserver: IIS
Database: MySQL

Re: CBR/CBZ files

Postby RandolphCarter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 am

Haven't played around too much with different files in the ownCloud android app. Maybe there is no proper linking between the file extension and the app on a system level, but the sky drive somehow does it itself?
Or the OC android app just doesn't consider all mappings? Not sure how that works internally.

Best ask over on https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues
RandolphCarter
Inventory

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 5.x