WebDAV error, long admin tab load time

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 5 is not supported anymore! Only security issues are fixed. Please upgrade your ownCloud.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

WebDAV error, long admin tab load time

Postby ryul » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 am

I tried Owncloud 5 RC3 today and setup a new server with Windows Server 2012, OC5, MySQL, IIS 8.
Everything worked fine, all necessary rights were given.

If I login as admin on the local machine, I can change to the administration tab without errors.
If I try to enter these tab outside of the local machine, the load time is like 1 minute and I'm getting some errors:

Setup Warning
Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken. Please double check the installation guides.

Log section:

Code: Select all
Warning     core

isWebDAVWorking: NO - Reason: exception 'Sabre_DAV_Exception' with message '[CURL] Error while making request: couldn't connect to host (error code: 7)' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\3rdparty\Sabre\DAV\Client.php:410 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\3rdparty\Sabre\DAV\Client.php(179): Sabre_DAV_Client->request('PROPFIND', '', '<?xml version="...', Array) #1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\util.php(590): Sabre_DAV_Client->propFind('', Array) #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\settings\admin.php(34): OC_Util::isWebDAVWorking() #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\route.php(113) : runtime-created function(1): require_once('C:\inetpub\wwwr...') #4 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array) #5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\router.php(127): call_user_func('?lambda_502', Array) #6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\base.php(606): OC_Router->match('/settings/admin') #7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\index.php(28): OC::handleRequest() #8 {main}

I don't know if this is a OC 5 RC3 problem, or if I did something wrong. :?
Server: Debian 7.3
ryul
Starter

ownCloud version: 6.0.1
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Re: WebDAV error, long admin tab load time

Postby ryul » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 am

Well, the problem stays on OC 5.0.0.
There is a another error:

Warning    PHP    Undefined index: displayname at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\apps\contacts\ajax\contact\list.php#44
ryul
Starter

Postby KillerByte » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:53 am

I upgraded to 5.0.0 tonight and afterwards I had the same error on the admin page and my sync clients (which I had already updated to be compatible with v5) were broken.

I had a very similar error to yours:
isWebDAVWorking: NO - Reason: exception 'Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotFound' with message 'Resource not found.' in C:\inetpub\owncloud\3rdparty\Sabre\DAV\Client.php:424 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\owncloud\3rdparty\Sabre\DAV\Client.php(179): Sabre_DAV_Client->request('PROPFIND', '', 'propFind('', Array) #2 C:\inetpub\owncloud\settings\admin.php(34): OC_Util::isWebDAVWorking() #3 C:\inetpub\owncloud\lib\route.php(113) : runtime-created function(1): require_once('C:\inetpub\ownc...') #4 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array) #5 C:\inetpub\owncloud\lib\router.php(127): call_user_func('?lambda_127', Array) #6 C:\inetpub\owncloud\lib\base.php(606): OC_Router->match('/settings/admin') #7 C:\inetpub\owncloud\index.php(28): OC::handleRequest() #8 {main}

Looking at the code for Client.php on this page (https://github.com/owncloud/3rdparty/blob/master/Sabre/DAV/Client.php) you can see it throws those exceptions if curl throws an error.

The manual installation page (http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_source.html) states that curl is an optional dependency, not required, so I disabled it in php.ini (comment out the line that says extension=php_curl.dll), restarted IIS and it got rid of the error on the Admin page and also fixed my sync clients.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else ran into the same problem, hopefully it won't take you an hour to troubleshoot it like it did me :o

Cheers!
KillerByte

ownCloud version: 5.0.0
PHP version: 5.3.x

Postby ryul » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am

You saved me day!
Thx!
(What does "curl" actually do?) :?:

Btw. the long load time of the admin tab is still present and I get some other errors:

Warning    PHP   
opendir(C:\Windows\TEMP/owncloud-51418ef9be70c/,C:\Windows\TEMP/owncloud-51418ef9be70c/): Access denied (code: 5) at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\cache\fileglobal.php#71   

Warning    PHP   
opendir(C:\Windows\TEMP/owncloud-51418ef9be70c/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\cache\fileglobal.php#71   

Warning    PHP   
readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\cache\fileglobal.php#72
ryul
Starter

Postby joelc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:43 pm

The same is true for the linux release of OC5.

Here is my error-line (quite the same as in windows):
{"app":"core","message":"isWebDAVWorking: NO - Reason: exception 'Sabre_DAV_Exception' with message '[CURL] Error while making request: couldn't connect to host (error code: 7)' in \/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/Sabre\/DAV\/Client.php:410\nStack trace:\n#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/Sabre\/DAV\/Client.php(179): Sabre_DAV_Client->request('PROPFIND', '', '<?xml version=\"...', Array)\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/util.php(590): Sabre_DAV_Client->propFind('', Array)\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/settings\/admin.php(34): OC_Util::isWebDAVWorking()\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/route.php(113) : runtime-created function(1): require_once('\/var\/www\/ownclo...')\n#4 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/router.php(127): call_user_func('?lambda_8', Array)\n#6 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/base.php(606): OC_Router->match('\/settings\/admin')\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/index.php(28): OC::handleRequest()\n#8 {main}","level":2,"time":1363361466}
joelc

Database: SQLite
PHP version: 5.4.6

Postby RealRancor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

ryul wrote:
Warning    PHP   
opendir(C:\Windows\TEMP/owncloud-51418ef9be70c/,C:\Windows\TEMP/owncloud-51418ef9be70c/): Access denied (code: 5) at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\owncloud\lib\cache\fileglobal.php#71

Access denied: Your IIS user has no write access to your C:\Windows\TEMP folder
*inactive*
RealRancor
OwnCloud master

Postby ryul » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:15 am

Rancor wrote:
ryul wrote:
Warning    PHP   

Access denied: Your IIS user has no write access to your C:\Windows\TEMP folder

This makes no sense to me.
Why does Owncloud 5 needs access to the Windows Temp folder?
There is no entry about this in the install or admin manual.
ryul
Starter

Postby RealRancor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:51 am

OC generally don't need access to the windows temp dir.

Because OC is written in PHP and using PHP for uploading files it needs access to the upload tmp dir of PHP (ini setting upload_tmp_dir in your php.ini) which is probably set to C:\Windows\tmp in your php.ini.
*inactive*
RealRancor
OwnCloud master

Postby bbk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I also had the problem that curl is giving me the following error message:

[CURL] Error while making request: couldn't connect to host (error code: 7)

So i verified that my webserver can resolve my VirtualHosts DNS correctly. If you are behind a NAT and have some problems to connect to the external IP, you could just make a entry in /etc/hosts.... for windows i really don't know.

Hope this helps someone.

Yours,
bbk
bbk

Postby TTownsend » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi all - I'm new and this is my first post.

Does anyone know if the OP's original situation existed in OC4.5.x?

I have installed OP5 in a shared hosting environment (debian, apache, php5.3.18) and all browser actions seem to work just fine.

Observation:
My problem is that WebDAV connections to ownCloud fail, using:
- Native WebDAV tools in OSX 10.8
- Native WebDAV tools in Windows 7
- ownCloud Desktop for OSX, which returns:

Trying to connect to ownCloud at https://aaa.bbb.ccc/cloud...
Successfully connected to https://aaa.bbb.ccc/cloud: ownCloud version 5.0 (5.0.0)

Creating local sync folder /Users/....../ownCloud... ok
Remote folder clientsync creation failed with error 301.
Connection to ownCloud could not be established. Please check again.

Observations:

On the admin page in ownCloud, I see:
Setup Warning
Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.    Please double check the installation guides.
Module 'fileinfo' missing
The PHP module 'fileinfo' is missing. We strongly recommend to enable this module to get best results with mime-type detection.

The log on the admin page in ownCloud gives:

isWebDAVWorking: NO - Reason: exception 'Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotImplemented' with message 'Not Implemented' in /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/3rdparty/Sabre/DAV/Client.php:436 Stack trace: #0 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/3rdparty/Sabre/DAV/Client.php(179): Sabre_DAV_Client->request('PROPFIND', '', '<?xml version="...', Array) #1 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/lib/util.php(590): Sabre_DAV_Client->propFind('', Array) #2 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/settings/admin.php(34): OC_Util::isWebDAVWorking() #3 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/lib/route.php(113) : runtime-created function(1): require_once('/home/c3iica/pu...') #4 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array) #5 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/lib/router.php(127): call_user_func('?lambda_8', Array) #6 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/lib/base.php(606): OC_Router->match('/settings/admin') #7 /home/c3iica/public_html/core/cloud/index.php(28): OC::handleRequest() #8 {main}

What I've tried:
- At my request, my hosting company migrated my domain to a server with PHP5.3.18 to satisfy the OC 5 dependencies.
- I do not believe that the libcurl3 and libcurl3-dev libraries are installed - will check with hoster.
- I've asked hoster to verify if WebDAV is allowed/configured on their end. They provide the WebDisk app through cPanel, which is a WebDAV client, so I imagine the hosting environment is fine
- I've tried the php.ini fix mentioned early in this post, but that php library is already comment out in a linux (debian) config, so that didn't have an effect

I have just a couple of questions:

1 - Has anyone seen this in an OC5/linux environment, and were you able to solve it?
2 - Does this problem exist in OC4.5?

Many thanks,
Trevor
TTownsend

PHP version: 5.3.18

Next

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 5.x