ownCloud integration with operating system

Ask all your questions regarding OC 4.x and older. Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 4 is not supported anymore! Please upgrade your ownCloud for security and support.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

ownCloud integration with operating system

Postby cybersmyth » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Has anyone done any development on using ownCloud to integrating with the operating system? Like making the data directory /home and adding users to ownCloud also add users to the system? I don't even know if that's possible on a Windows machine, but it seems doable on a Linux box.

I have a small business and setting up a system like that would be extremely helpful. I could see setting up a Samba share for each user's home directory and then use ownCloud for adding users and changing passwords. LAN users could copy files via Samba and then share on the internet via ownCloud. I also have some clients that like to use FTP, so ownCloud, FTP and Samba all working in the /home directory would be great. Integration with the OS could make a very handy stand-alone box or virtual box.

If anyone has already done work in that direction, I'd like to know. Otherwise maybe I could try to spin something myself!

-Joe
cybersmyth

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 4.x and older