Performance

Ask all your questions regarding OC 4.x and older. Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 4 is not supported anymore! Please upgrade your ownCloud for security and support.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

Performance

Postby DfergATL » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 am

Just trying to figure things out in general. I installed ownClould using WAMP stack. At first performance was very bad. Moving betwen different apps was slow even when at the PC serving ownClould. Just to see what would happen. I edited the "my.ini" file for sql and really upped the memory setting. It's ok I have 16gig of ram. This has improved performance greatly. But, it just doesn't seem right that I have to up those setting so high just to get acceptable performance. I've gone way up over the setting seen in the "my_huge.ini" file. So, I am just tyring to figure out if this is normal. Or, what kind of things can I, should I do to get good performace.

I also thought abut using Zend Server Community Edition. But, I can't find any instructions on how to get ownCloud to work on it. I can install Zed Server, but have no idea what to do next and can't find anything on it. Anyone know of any body using ownClould on Zend Server?
DfergATL
Beginner

Re: Performance

Postby nickmay » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Checkout this post for one reason why performance is bad on MySQL (and possibly other databases...)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3775

Not sure if this will affect you if you just have one user, but you might try creating the indexes mentioned and seeing if it helps....

Nick
nickmay

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 4.x and older