I want to share my experience with owncloud that i'm using every day for 1month by now.
First of all, thanks for it, it's really great ! I'm using the ClientSync every day and the Android app "CalDav Sync" to sync my calendars. It's working fine but I have some "bugs" that are really unpleasant :
I use the ClientSync everyday and there are my identified bugs :
1) If docs are existing on the both sides, they are copied as "conflicts" even if they have the same size and modified/created time.
It's really a problem for me because I'm using a standard ADSL connection at home and with 120Ko/s max, it takes too long to sync my 30Go documents. I'm so using the 12Mo/s in my office to upload docs. But even if docs are exactly the same on both sides, if they weren't copied via WebDav, they are all copied as "conflicts".
2) I'm also experiencing "conflicts" if I try to edit a doc directly in my clientsync folder. (File have been modified while reading) So I have to copy the doc I want to edit in a local folder and then erase the old version with the new in my clientsync folder ...
3) ClientSync, with only 1 user use an average of 8% of a dualCore atom 1.6Ghz on the server. (See the attached jpeg)
4) ClientSync 1.0.3 under Windows doesn't accept UTF-8 password (containing é,à,è,ù)
5) Because of the previous reasons, I don't use the clientSync to sync my docs with my computer/ Server1 and server2. I use Rsync via SSH but it's not the way owncloud can be used and so, webUI doesn't refresh the newest tree of files.
I have to do the following :
$ mysqldump -u owncloud owncloud -p > owncloud.sql
$ mysql -u owncloud -p
mysql> use owncloud;
mysql> TRUNCATE Table oc_fscache;
Then I go on the Root web page of my owncloud and it recalculates the file tree.
Using 4.0.4 and by yesterday 4.0.5, I don't know how to do it in another way.
Because users are already accustomed to completly refresh the media tree, I think it won't be much to add a "reload files" button in the files menu.
6)I tried to sync my two servers docs via webdav and rsync. With exactly the same documents (~16Go) it takes 3minutes on rsync over ssh and arround a hour with WebDav (but I understand it's not your fault).
I'm using Owncloud 4.0.5 on a Debian 6.0.2 (kernel = 220.127.116.11) 64bits with 2Go of RAM.
My Samsung Galaxy SII (kernel = 3.0.15) uses CalDav Sync to sync calendars (very great app)
My Office Computer Fedora 16 64Bits uses ClientSync 1.0.3
My Home computer Windows 7 64Bits uses ClientSync 1.0.3
To me, points 4 and 5 should be very easy to correct.
Thanks for reading !
- oc_clientsync_cpu_usage.jpeg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 876 times