Backup data folder in Unbuntu

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 5 is not supported anymore! Only security issues are fixed. Please upgrade your ownCloud.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

Backup data folder in Unbuntu

Postby math91 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello!

I have installed owncloud in Ubuntu 13.04. When i try to backup (or copy manually) the data folder it doesent work because i dont have the permissions.

Im trying to set up an automatic backup system, using the built-in ubuntu backup software Déjà Dup.

Is there any better way to backup my whole owncloud folder or is there a way to change the permission for the data folder?

// Thanks
math91

ownCloud version: 5.0.10
Database: MySQL

Re: Backup data folder in Unbuntu

Postby Rancor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi,

if this is your own system you're free to change the permissions to every permission you want (Those permissions are nothing OC specific). How to do this is can be found here for example:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FilePermissions
*inactive because this forums got mostly to a sinkhole for apache/service support requests rather then for OC itself*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 5.5.x

Re: Backup data folder in Unbuntu

Postby jbrodmann » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 pm

I am having an issue as well with the permissions. I have allowed for all to view the data folder in the owncloud directory, however, after a certain amount of unspecified time, the folder's permissions are reverted back to the original permissions.

I can't figure out why the permissions are not holding.
jbrodmann

ownCloud version: 6.0.0a
Webserver: Apache

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 5.x