Adding external local storage doesn't save

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 4 is not supported anymore! Please upgrade your ownCloud for security and support.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

Adding external local storage doesn't save

Postby jasonthibeault » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm using OC 5.0.11 on Windows Home Server with IIS 6. Everything is working great except adding local external storage.

I've enabled the external storage app and see the option in the Admin GUI.

When I add my local mount using the GUI, I get a little green circle next to it after assigning a group. This was after I changed the permissions on the mount to include full access for IUSR. But I don't know how to commit what I have entered so the actual share shows up in the Files. I've clicked on the only save button in the Admin settings page but when I do that, the page refreshes and my mount is gone. I've clicked on Files and then returned to the Admin page but the mount is gone as well.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Seems that my mount is not saving.

Thanks,

Jason
jasonthibeault

ownCloud version: 5.0.10
Webserver: IIS
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4

Re: Adding external local storage doesn't save

Postby Rancor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,

having a look at your data/owncloud.log, at the javascript console of your browser or at your servers logfiles like described here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7330

could give you some hints whats wrong here.
*mostly inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby jasonthibeault » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 pm

This is the only line in my OC logfile:

{"app":"PHP","message":"opendir(C:\\WINDOWS\\temp\/owncloud-5241420be4bab\/,C:\\WINDOWS\\temp\/owncloud-5241420be4bab\/): Access is denied. (code: 5) at C:\\Inetpub\\owncloud\\lib\\cache\\fileglobal.php#92","level":2,"time":"2013-09-24T16:47:32+00:00"}

would that have anything to do with it?

What's interesting is in my data directory, there is a mount.json which, when opened, shows the external mount that I keep adding. Seems maybe to be a javascript error.

i would say it's a permission error but before I changed the permission on the folder, I got that red square. Once I changed it, I got the green circle.
jasonthibeault

Postby Rancor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 am

Hi,

i don't think this message has something to do with your original problem but it should be fixed by setting the proper permissions for your webserver user to the tmp folder (IIRC there are some threads available on this forums about this)

If the mount.json gets created properly it really looks like some problem in either the javascript / display code or a browser issue. Did you had a look at the javascript console of your browser?
*mostly inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby jasonthibeault » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 pm

I have not had a chance to look at my javascript console. I will do that today. I did fix the temp folder permissions.
jasonthibeault

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 5.x