Poor performance & Download issues

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 5 is not supported anymore! Only security issues are fixed. Please upgrade your ownCloud.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

Poor performance & Download issues

Postby physikal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:30 am

We have an owncloud 5.10 setup that is running dual Xeon processors with 6GB of memory. IIS and PHP 5.4.

The performance on the web based portion of owncloud is extremely slow. It takes about 15 seconds per click to load the next page. I changed the config.php to have 127.0.0.1 vs "localhost" and that did not seem to fix it.

In addition to the extremely slow performance we are also experiencing issues with downloading large files (anything over 150 megs it seems). When we try to download them via the web client it stops downloading at around the 70-80% mark. I have changed my max timeout, max session, max upload, and everything else I can think of in my php config. Nothing seems to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
physikal

PHP version: 5.4

Re: Poor performance & Download issues

Postby Rancor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 am

Hi,

having a look at this tutorial:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10692

could give you a starting point on how to solve your performance issues. IIRC some more threads about performance issues are available on this forums and can be found via the forums search.

The downloads are served by your webserver and PHP. OC can't interrupt this download so i think a general search on the internet about similar problems at other web applications could give you some more infos how to solve such problems.
*inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby physikal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Thanks Rancor!

I went through that post and did everything windows related. The disabling of apps seemed to help the most. There is still a 4-5s delay when clicking through folders now. Better, but not great.

Any other ideas?

I'll keep searching the forums. Thanks again.
physikal

Postby martinma » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello,

not enought memory for php? Wrong database (mysql performes much better than the default one)?

To find the bottle neck you can watch that the server is doing when you open a link in owncloud.

Best regards

Martin
martinma
Beginner

ownCloud version: 6.0.4
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4.4

Postby physikal » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:33 am

I think I have max php mem set to 2gb, and I am using a local install of mysql. Any other ideas?
physikal

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 5.x