Sharing Folder with Users in 3 or More Groups Issue

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Version 5 is not supported anymore! Only security issues are fixed. Please upgrade your ownCloud.
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

Sharing Folder with Users in 3 or More Groups Issue

Postby toddwalsh » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:16 am

Hello, When I assign a user to 3 or more groups, multiple links to shared folders are created. I attached a screenshot. I'm running 5.0.11 on Ubuntu with PHP 5.5.3. Has anyone had a similar problem. Thank you.

SharedFolders.png
Multiple Links to Shared Folders
SharedFolders.png (182.3 KiB) Viewed 748 times
toddwalsh

ownCloud version: 5.0.3
Webserver: Apache
Database: SQLite
PHP version: 5.3.10

Re: Sharing Folder with Users in 3 or More Groups Issue

Postby srfreeman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 am

Hello toddwalsh,

It seems that I remember there being a problem with numeric only names for groups in past versions.

Perhaps try adding some alpha characters to the group names. e.g. group24, group25, group26, etc...
srfreeman
OwnCloud professional

ownCloud version: 6.0.4
Database: MySQL

Postby Rancor » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 am

ownCloud 5.0.12 is also the latest and 5.0.13 will be released in the next few days. When seeing such problems its always recommended to use the last available version.
*inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby bfalk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 pm

I found this when a user was in more then one group and the file/folder was shared to the groups the user is in. Then it would double up for that user. Assign the user to one group, but share the folder with as many as you wish.
bfalk

ownCloud version: 5.0.12
PHP version: 5.3.27

Postby srfreeman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Hello toddwalsh,

A little testing with oC v. 5.0.12 / MySQL shows:

Assigned user (John) to three groups. Admin shared two folders with John and all three groups John is assigned to.

No duplication as you mention.

Recommendation; Change from SQLite to a more robust database server, update to the latest version (wait for 5.0.13 now) or note here how your usage differs from this test.

Note that SQLite is not suitable for multiple user installations (as mentioned in the documentation) so, your problem may lie there also.
srfreeman
OwnCloud professional

Postby jvaughn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:08 am

We have seen this issue a few times, it doesn't seem to always happen, but when it does it does it only for specific shared folders / users.

We're running 5.0.12 on PHP 5.3.10, using MariaDB (MySQL compatible).

We have our users authorized by LDAP and we share folders to them via LDAP groups.

For example, everyone is in the 'Global Cloud Users' group, and we share the various company wide shared folders to that group, with read only access. When it was later shared to 'Global System Administrators' with write access, some of the folders appeared with (2) appended to the name, and I and other admins could write to these, but not the original folders. Expected behavior would be that we have write access to the originally named folder, which happened for some folders. None of the folders or groups have numbers in them anywhere. Weirder, the list of (2) duplicates that I had were different from another admin.
jvaughn

ownCloud version: 5.0.12
PHP version: 5.3.x

Postby srfreeman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 am

Hello jvaughn,

It seems that the behavior you note has been around for quite some time and should be taken care of with the release of ownCloud 7. The issue is currently open at: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/2462

It seems that FileOrFolderName (2) is currently the accepted way of handling duplicates in general.
srfreeman
OwnCloud professional

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 5.x