LDAP authentication

Ask all your questions regarding OC 6.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting

LDAP authentication

Postby schuetz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:10 pm

ownCloud 6.0.0 beta1 on IIS
I struggle with getting AD authentication to work.
I activated "LDAP user and group backend" and filled out the respective fields. Connection test succeeds.
However, if I try to login with an ad user, it always says "Lost your password?"

Is there any way to track down where this fails?
schuetz

ownCloud version: 5.0.10
Webserver: IIS
PHP version: 5.3.27

Re: LDAP authentication

Postby nairda » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

There is a debian package called ldap-utils which installs things like ldapsearch. This program lets you query the ldap server remotely via command line. This way, you can test if your server can be accessed from your owncloud-server (or if not because some firewall or something) and returns the correct information.

OwnCloud uses php5-ldap which also (like ldap-utils) depends on libldap-2.4-2, so I guess they use the same codebase.

If you want to stay graphical on windows, there is apache directory studio, a ldap browser which also lets you browse your ldap remotely, but I'm not sure which codebase it uses.

If you can query your ldap server and it returns the correct information, the problem must be in your "ldap user and group backend"-configuration.
(mostly) inactive, formerly running owncloud 5 - 5.0.12 on an Apache 2.2/PHP 5.3.3 using a PostgreSQL 8.4 on a Debian 6 (squeeze) server serving 11 users
nairda
Starter

Postby RandolphCarter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:47 pm

You also might want to try with oc6 beta 4, there might have been fixes for that in the meantime - or do you have any specific reason for using the now already quite old beta 1?
RandolphCarter
Inventory

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby schuetz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:41 pm

RandolphCarter wrote:You also might want to try with oc6 beta 4, there might have been fixes for that in the meantime - or do you have any specific reason for using the now already quite old beta 1?

Can I use that .tar.bz file also on a Windows machine? I guess that's what kept me from using it.
schuetz

ownCloud version: 5.0.10
Webserver: IIS
PHP version: 5.3.27

Postby Rancor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi,

ownCloud is platform independent so you can use the tar.bz2 on windows too.
*mostly inactive*
Rancor
OwnCloud master

ownCloud version: 7.0.1
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Postby nairda » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Use something like 7zip or WinRar to unzip bz2.tar. Those two programs can handle almost any well-known type of archive. 7zip is OpenSource. There is also a portable version if you don't want to install it (click "only decompress" in installer).
(mostly) inactive, formerly running owncloud 5 - 5.0.12 on an Apache 2.2/PHP 5.3.3 using a PostgreSQL 8.4 on a Debian 6 (squeeze) server serving 11 users
nairda
Starter

Return to ownCloud Community Edition 6.x