Synology DSM 5 and ownCloud?

Ask all your questions regarding OC 6.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 6.x reached end of life and is officially unsupported. For details see Wiki page.

Please upgrade your ownCloud.
RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Synology DSM 5 and ownCloud?

Postby RealRancor » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi,

you might also want to check this with the synology community. It is more likely that there are users using the same device and which knows the location of the php.ini on those device than in here.

Your favorite linux search tool like locate or find should also lead you to the location of this file.
*gone*

leomondeo
ownCloud version: 6.0.1

Postby leomondeo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am

I have owncloud 6.0.1-2 running on DSM 5 unsing the Synocommunity package. The data is on /volume1/owncloud.

I had an issue that the package manager on synology said stopped but owncloud was running.

Resulution was adding :/volume1/owncloud to the PHP path.

You can do this by opening Control Panel (Systemsteuerung) -> Web Services (Webdienste) -> switch to TAB PHP settings (PHP Einstellungen) and extend the path to your owncloud data directory.

Hope this helps.

lynx42
ownCloud version: 5.0.11

Postby lynx42 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 am

Hi sorry, but I need help. I seem to have a similar/same problem as above.
I uninstalled OC5 from my Synology NAS. Then I updated DiskStationManager to 5.0 and installed OC6.
The installation of OC6 was really ugly. I used the community-package and got one error message after another.
After setting mysterious rights and owner using SSH I'm now able to login to OC. However, I have the following problems:
1. In the admin log I also get the following error message:
file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/services/tmp/oc-not-deleted) is not within the allowed path(s): (/etc.defaults:/usr/bin/php:/usr/syno/synoman:/etc:/var/run:/tmp:/var/spool/php:/volume1/@tmp/php:/var/services/web:/var/services/photo:/var/services/blog:/var/services/homes:/volume1/web/owncloud:/volume1/web/owncloud/data:/volume1/web/owncloud/lib/private:/volume1/web/owncloud/lib) at /volume1/web/owncloud/lib/private/helper.php#600

As you can see, I tried to enter the owncloud-path and sub-pathes to the open_basedir in control panel, but this had no effect.

2. Package manager (probably because of 1.) says also, that owncloud is stopped.

3. When trying to import contacts from a .vcf I just get the message "Es wurden {count} von {total} Kontakten importiert". And no contacts are imported. I found this here: https://github.com/owncloud/contacts/issues/261 but the issue is closed?!

Please can someone help me with this? I am sitting here for 7 hours now and need to get my OC running again!
Thanks

lynx42
ownCloud version: 5.0.11

Postby lynx42 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:06 am

Ok, I got it - not the owncloud folder was needed in the open_basedir, but the folder

:/var/services/tmp

wolke
ownCloud version: 6.0.2

Postby wolke » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:43 am

lynx42 wrote:Ok, I got it - not the owncloud folder was needed in the open_basedir, but the folder

:/var/services/tmp

hello lynx 42,
here I get very interested: what is the exact line you have in the open_basedir which solves the problem?
regards
matthias

CaCO3
Beginner
ownCloud version: 4.5.1

Postby CaCO3 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Just for your information:
There seems to be an issue in the new DSM 5. I also had it running fine, then installed owncloud (with MYSQL) and used it for several hours syncing lots of data. Then it suddenly it failed. When I looked in the webbrowser, I only got error 500. I then restarted the diskstation and after that the webserver even failed to start. If I start it manually ( /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S97apache-sys.sh restart ), it works with plain html sites but fails to serve any PHP sites.

See http://www.synology-forum.de/showthread ... erreichbar for more details.
I contacted Synology but did not yet get a reply :(

ocs1138
ownCloud version: 6.0.2
PHP version: ???

Postby ocs1138 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi all,

I had owncloud V5 running on DSM 4.3 - but not really doing much. I had it installed from

http://www.cphub.net/

I migrated two weeks ago from DSM4.3 to DSM5 on my DS213+ without any trouble.

Today I "moved" from owncloud V5 to V6.0.2-3 from the Syno community and as I heard there is a lot of trouble, I made a manual backuped of all user data and exported conatcts and calendars and removed V5 completely (including manual delete of .../web/owncloud directory) before installing V6.
I just needed to create the installation directory /volume1/owncloud and setting the permissions and ownership appropriately (I found this via Google and can look it up again if required).
Then I ran the installation of V6 without any troubles.
Afterwards I had to adjust some permissions and ownership to the newly created owncloud directories as owncloud did not have write permissions.
Finally I created the users manually again and restored the data.

So probably this is not the way you want to do it but I can tell you that owncloud V6.0.2-3 runs on DSM 5 properly when doing some adjustments.

I hope, I could gave at least an outlook that it works ;)

Cheers,
Jay

mistralst

Postby mistralst » Sat May 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi,

I will be very grateful if you can look for this two things and tell us all the steps to follow, when you said:

I found this via Google and can look it up again if required

And:

Afterwards I had to adjust some permissions and ownership to the newly created owncloud directories as owncloud did not have write permissions.

Thank you very much.