Empty Folders on client machine and web, actual srv data OK.

Ask all your questions regarding OC 6.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 6.x reached end of life and is officially unsupported. For details see Wiki page.

Please upgrade your ownCloud.
andreOC
ownCloud version: 6.0.2
Webserver: IIS
Database: MySQL

Empty Folders on client machine and web, actual srv data OK.

Postby andreOC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Running 6.0.2 on Windows server 2008 (IIS, php, mysql) and randomly the client computers (both mac and windows) will have the contents of their folders emptied/deleted. When you look online they are still missing. However, when I go in the back end of the server all data is present in the file directory. Also, multiple copies of these empty folders sometimes appear on the web version.

I've followed other threads where you run:
1. truncate oc_filecache (actually reports query OK, 0 rows affected 0.20 sec, is it supposed to say this?)
2. php console.php files:scan <my test user that has issues>

During the procedure of the second option above it shows the scanning of the folders as being empty as it scrolls down the list of scanning folders...strange...

Data directory is in a separate folder than owncloud (for protection).
Permissions are fine, even tested with 777 on the test user I was working with.

All syncing works great, fast, this seems to randomly happen days after the initial install.

If I create a new document on the web via the new button, it shows up on the web (in the empty directory) AND of course in the server backend along with all the files that should be showing up.

I just ran DELETE FROM oc_filecache and it deleted rows. Logged back into web and the dupe folder issue was gone. Clicked on a previous empty folder and it was still empty. Clicked the home button and the duped empty folders are back. Ran the scan again and it still shows during the scan that the folders are empty.

Thanks for your help!

andreOC
ownCloud version: 6.0.2
Webserver: IIS
Database: MySQL

Re: Empty Folders on client machine and web, actual srv data

Postby andreOC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 pm

I cut my losses and reinstalled sql/php/owncloud on the server.

Used the .zip for PHP instead of the installer.

Will report findings back after a bit.