Upgrade from 6.0.4 to 8.1 issues

Ask all your questions regarding OC 6.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 6.x reached end of life and is officially unsupported. For details see Wiki page.

Please upgrade your ownCloud.
zyket
ownCloud version: 6.0.4
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4.41-0+deb7u1

Upgrade from 6.0.4 to 8.1 issues

Postby zyket » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:03 am

I am currently running owncloud 6.0.4 from the debian repository with apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

After that it says everything is installed and running, I check my website and see that everything is indeed running, but it has not been upgraded.. I check my /var/www/ folder.. and there I have two different directories.

one called oc.domain.com where my installation of owncloud is.. and also one called owncloud. So it seems like ubuntu sure updated the owncloud, BUT the correct files are placed in the directory called owncloud

How should I go on about solving this? as I understand it's not possible to go directly from 6.0.4 to 8.1, you have to go to 7.* to convert the databases?

suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Upgrade from 6.0.4 to 8.1 issues

Postby RealRancor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:10 am

Hi,

you can't move stuff around when using packages (like you had done with "owncloud" to "oc.domain"). To solve this you probably have to migrate your installation to the " owncloud" folder like described here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.1/adm ... ating.html

As an alternative you could also remove the packages and manually update the "oc.domain" installation you're using with the archives from here:

https://owncloud.org/changelog/
*gone*

zyket
ownCloud version: 6.0.4
PHP version: 5.4.41-0+deb7u1

Re: Upgrade from 6.0.4 to 8.1 issues

Postby zyket » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:06 pm

Excellent, thank you very much.

If I want to run the server from the domain oc.domain.com would I go about and just create a hard link from /var/www/owncloud to /var/www/oc.domain.com ?

Cheers