upgrade help

Ask all your questions regarding OC 6.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 6.x reached end of life and is officially unsupported. For details see Wiki page.

Please upgrade your ownCloud.
al.ch

upgrade help

Postby al.ch » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:41 pm

hi,

i'm a bit lost and i'd appreciate any help.

i've installed an owncloud server for me and my friends, and it has been running very stable and nice for the last years. now i've tried to update, but i can't get it to work. i'm at version 6.03 on debian wheezy and i'd like to update everything to the latest version.

owncloud's web-based update center doesn't want to cooperate, even if i give ownership and full permissions to the www-data user. that's probably because i can't update from version 6 to 8, right?

so i tried it with apt-get, which works after renaming /etc/apache2/conf.d/owncloud.conf to something else. now apt-get tells me "owncloud is already the newest version". but owncloud's admin interface still says 6.03! rebooting doesn't fix it, i don't have multiple folders or anything, and i frankly have no idea what to do now. please help!

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

Re: upgrade help

Postby tflidd » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:03 pm

You have to go step by step. First update to the latest version of 6.0.x, then to 7.0.x, then 8.0.x then 8.1.1. If you want to use the packet manager, you have to change manually the source (in /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list) there should be an owncloud entry already. For owncloud 7.0.x it is:

Code: Select all

deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/7.0/Debian_7.0/ /

For 8.0.x:

deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/8.0/Debian_7.0/ /

and so on.

After each upgrade, run the upgrade command on your terminal

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ upgrade

Try to login each time and check if it is still running.

Don't forget to do a backup before your start the upgrade-chain.

al.ch

Re: upgrade help

Postby al.ch » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:22 pm

wow, that was quick!
thank you!