ownCloud on Seagate Personal Cloud NAS

Ask all your questions regarding OC 7.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 7.x will be end of life soon. See maintenance and release schedule for more details.

Time to upgrade!

Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting
larryb

ownCloud on Seagate Personal Cloud NAS

Postby larryb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:30 am

I'm very new to network drives and I've been searching around to find out how to configure ownCloud. I seem to have the basic Seagate NAS working, including the SDrive, but because I'm so new to this I don't even know how to follow some of the solutions provided to increase allowable file sizes, or solve some problems like access denied, or currently when I type in my owncloud IP, I get a "This Page Can't Be Displayed".

I'm not asking for solutions for these problems yet because I feel I don't know enough about NAS or ownCloud to even give the correct details so you can help me solve my problems. Heck, I can't even figure out the ownCloud version that I have yet! The FAQ and Tutorial subforums seem to assume a greater knowledge than I have at this time. What I need is some one to point me in the right direction so I can learn more about the NAS and how ownCloud works on the NAS. My searching, so far, seems to have pointed to solutions often involving a server computer and I can't transfer that information to my particular situation yet.

Larry

larryb

Re: ownCloud on Seagate Personal Cloud NAS

Postby larryb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:26 am

When logging into my ownCloud via Internet Explorer, I got this message:

An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE "oc_filecache" SET "size"=? WHERE "fileid" = ?': SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 5 database is locked

What does this mean?
Larry

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

Postby tflidd » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 am

You probably installed your system with sqlite. Sqlite is not very powerful and if you connect from too many client, you can get this problem. If you can install or maybe have installed a mysql database, use it.

larryb

Postby larryb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks,

I've been reading about the SQLite issue also. I also finally found the version. It says 1.3, based on 6.04. The NAS says that there no software updates. This doesn't make any sense because it seems that ownCloud is up to version 9.

After playing around with this NAS for a few evenings, I've finally seen how to manually install apps. I tell you, instructions and user guides are terribly written these days. I'll see how things go.
Larry

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3
Webserver: Apache

Postby tflidd » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 am

Owncloud 6.0.4?
This would be really outdated, you shouldn't use such outdated versions. Either ask the package maintainer of your NAS system to update owncloud or install it manually (if that is possible).

larryb

Postby larryb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:27 am

I may be out of luck:

https://github.com/owncloud/updater/issues/209

I'm going to see if the NAS can unpack a .bz2. It seems to want an rbw file.
Larry

larryb

Postby larryb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am

Just checked online, someone else's tried it with no success.

I wish I'd known this before getting a Seagate drive. I just bought this drive a couple of days ago. I'm shocked it comes with such outdated apps. It looks like I'll be looking at other solutions that don't use ownCloud. It looked really nice, too bad.
Larry

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Postby RealRancor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:45 am

This is quite old but maybe still works with newer oC versions:

http://techgotcha.com/your-own-cloud-on ... roduction/

But if they are shipping such an outdated version of oC they also might ship older PHP versions.
*gone*

larryb

Postby larryb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks for all your help. I think I knew what I was doing better than I thought. Somebody, presumably at Seagate or for Seagate, had converted the tar version of ownCloud into the rbw version. It appears that no one is going to produce any updated versions that will run on this Seagate NAS.
Larry

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Postby RealRancor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:31 pm

If you have shell access to that NAS you still can do the manual installation if the NAS is providing the requirements listed here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/adm ... -platforms

and if you're able to somehow install those somehow on your NAS.
*gone*