Calendar not synchronized between redundant ownCloud servers with shared mysql DB

Ask all your questions regarding OC 7.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 7.x will be end of life soon. See maintenance and release schedule for more details.

Time to upgrade!

Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting
twojciac
ownCloud version: 7.0.4
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4

Calendar not synchronized between redundant ownCloud servers with shared mysql DB

Postby twojciac » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 pm

I have two ownCloud servers which have been operating as exact mirrors of each other with an active/active synchronized mysql database and a glusterFS network files system. Everything is working as expected. If I create an account on server A, I can immediately login with those credentials on server B. If I change the password on server B, the change is propagated to server A. If I push a file to Server A, it appears on Server B. If I delete a file on server B, it's removed on server A.

Everything has been fabulous... until I added a calendar. If I add a calendar on server A, it doesn't appear on server B at all.

How is the calendar stored in ownCloud? If it's in the filesystem, I would expect it would appear on both servers since it's a synchronized file system and shared files work perfectly. If it's in the database, I would also expect it to appear as the shared file permissions and user accounts are working across the redundant servers. I'm puzzled...

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

Re: Calendar not synchronized between redundant ownCloud servers with shared mysql DB

Postby tflidd » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:18 am

Calendar is in the database as well. Perhaps a caching problem?

lobw_TM

Re: Calendar not synchronized between redundant ownCloud servers with shared mysql DB

Postby lobw_TM » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi twojciac
I was googling how to make a mycloud mirror when i came across your reaction. Can you point me in a direction where I can find the info to create such a mirror your succesfully created?
Would be a lot of help,

Thanks
Harry