Inherited OC and I broke it!

Ask all your questions regarding OC 7.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 7.x will be end of life soon. See maintenance and release schedule for more details.

Time to upgrade!

Before you post; make sure you are using at least PHP Version 5.3.x - Also read Support Forum - Read this before posting
jdwinterton
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

Inherited OC and I broke it!

Postby jdwinterton » Fri May 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" thread.

Steps to reproduce
1. goto https://cloud.comtech.ca and see for yourself. :P

Expected behaviour
The login for ownCloud should appear...

Actual behaviour
I see, "Failed to register protocol"

Server configuration
Operating system: Centos6.5
Web server: Apache
Database: MySql
PHP version: 5.6.22
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 7.0.5
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: attempted an update to latest, rookie mistake, been trying to recover every since. :/ Could only find 7.0.15 online, but after unpacking this version into my oC directory - this error message came up. I cannot seem to find this issue online (in english, anyways) and I'm under a time-crunch to get this up and running. Please help!
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log): (it's too big to post) https://www.dropbox.com/s/dylbllbmfkql0 ... d.log?dl=0

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):n):

jdwinterton

Re: Inherited OC and I broke it!

Postby jdwinterton » Fri May 27, 2016 12:15 pm

To elaborate - I've inherited this project from a predecessor. It was requested that I update it, and I didn't realize how many versions out we were.

When I attempted to to the update from within oC - it error'd out with the "too many full versions... etc" error. So me being an idiot forgot to take a snapshot - but I had the backup bz2 file... but I didn't see it until I had already tried to unpack the 7.0.15 version.

jdwinterton

Postby jdwinterton » Fri May 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Commented out the last couple of lines in /var/www/html/%owncloud_root%/apps/files_external/3rdparty/smb4php/smb.php, restarted Apache and away it went.

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3

Postby tflidd » Fri May 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Best way is to do a manual upgrade and do not skip any major upgrades:
7.0.15->8.0.13->8.1.8->...

Owncloud 7 is end of life, so you should consider updating to a more recent versions. The very latest is 9.0.2, if you prefer a more stable solution, you can just go up to version (8.2.5).