Windows Client Not Syncing

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 5.x reached end of life and is officially unsupported. For details see Wiki page.

Please upgrade your ownCloud.
hikingpete

Re: Windows Client Not Syncing

Postby hikingpete » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm having the same error number 0, but in my case there's no network traffic resulting. The connection works fine for setting up the sync, but owncloud gives up on syncing before trying the network. (I didn't trust my apache logs when there was no mention of the client, so I fired up wireshark. 'Add sync...' resulted in a flurry of activity, but all is silent thereafter.)

wolverine

Postby wolverine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:46 am

It was working and it just stopped working.

After putting this lines on the .htaccess file everything went back to normal.

Thanks alot!! :)

DrFurunkel

Postby DrFurunkel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Another Tipp:
When your files (your sync folder) are on a network share, the file server must be time synced also !

Wasted hours......

drbrma

Postby drbrma » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

spydah wrote:FOUND IT!

So it turns out that the time error is indeed erroneous. The actual problem was that my apache config was set to deny HTTP PUTs which cased the webdav.php to fail. I added the following to my .htaccess and that fixed the problem.

Code: Select all

<Limit GET POST>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>

I seem to have the same issue and put the given .htaccess file with owner www-data:www-data both in the webdav.php-directory and the directory I want to replicate - still the same error altough the system time is exactly the same... any ideas!? Thx in advance!

victorix

Postby victorix » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks spydah!

Protagonistics

Postby Protagonistics » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:16 am

So after some digging around and looking through other forum posts on the subject, Spydah appears to be correct in that the PUT verb is to blame. To fix this in IIS 7 do the following:
Open IIS and navigate down the tree to the IIS Manager.
Open your host in the Connections segment of the screen.
Double click Handler Mappings.
Find the PHP module you used (In my case I used the windows installer and have "PHP53_via_FastCGI" and right click it and select Edit.
Click Request Restrictions.
Go to the Verbs tab.
And because select the "ALL VERBS" radio dial. You might be able to be able to simply add "PUT" to the list in the "one of the following verbs" section, but I know next to nothing about this part of windows (which, I know makes my advice REALLY RELIABLE here but, hey, it worked for me) and I just decided that if some other verb was out there that it needed I'd let it use that too. We'll see if it breaks.

That's it. you're done. Now click "OK" all the way back out and restart your webserver. go back to your client machine and refresh or re-add the directory. It IMMEDIATELY started syncing for me for the first time ever. Someone tell OwnCloud they owe me money.

Good luck!

werfinator1234
ownCloud version: 4.5.5

Postby werfinator1234 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 am

@Protagonistics / drbrma,

Your solutions worked liked champs! Cheers and thanks for solving one that had me stumped for the last two days!!