WebDAV broken; cannot login?

Ask all your questions regarding OC 5.x Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
ownCloud 5.x reached end of life and is officially unsupported. For details see Wiki page.

Please upgrade your ownCloud.
marty
Starter

Re: WebDAV broken; cannot login?

Postby marty » Tue May 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Now please check the .htaccess file in the owncloud folder. Does it contain this?

Code: Select all

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

ectoplasmosis
Beginner

Postby ectoplasmosis » Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 am

That does appear to be in the .htaccess file in the base owncloud folder. Here's the full contents of it:

Code: Select all

ErrorDocument 403 /core/templates/403.php
ErrorDocument 404 /core/templates/404.php
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize 512M
php_value post_max_size 512M
php_value memory_limit 512M
<IfModule env_module>
  SetEnv htaccessWorking true
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R]
RewriteRule ^apps/([^/]*)/(.*\.(css|php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
Options -Indexes

marty
Starter

Postby marty » Wed May 30, 2012 7:10 am

Your htaccess looks OK, it already contains the rewrite rule needed for SabreDAV.
Can you check if mod_rewrite really works?

ectoplasmosis
Beginner

Postby ectoplasmosis » Wed May 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Sorry, no idea how to do that...

Looks like this is definitely the key to making it work though. Any further help very gratefully received!

pinion

Postby pinion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:11 am

I'm having the same issue with webdav. I used this sites script to check mod_rewrite but mine is working; http://www.webune.com/forums/how-to-tes ... d-t40.html

Also ectoplasmosis, with the sync client I had to totally delete the sync client. I used AppCleaner on my mac to make sure it wiped out all the config files and what not. Then when I reinstalled it worked fine. First I tried reinstalling owncloud itself, I was running a beta instead of the official release so I downgraded to official making sure to save my data and config dir. That didn't help, only deleting and installing the client.

wmcmillen

Postby wmcmillen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 am

[Possible Solution]

I had been reviewing this thread to see if it would lead me to resolving what appeared to be the same result posted here.

I was seeing the failure with webdav on both the Mac client and other 3rd party webdav clients (Transmit by Panic).

I just stumbled onto my answer after much "deep digging". Here is what I found.

The two user accounts I was testing with both had passwords that had characters embedded in them - in my case it was a combination of alpha numeric with a ":@(" embedded through out the string. Although ownCloud had no issue with my password, after making a change to just a simple alpha numeric password the Mac sync client and 3rd party webdav connectors began working. My guess is my offender is the "@" sign, but I havent had time to dig into this yet.

No great thread to quote here for my resolve, just a little dumb luck and experimenting. I am sure someone much brighter than me can explain why the characters are not working for the webdav login string, but for now I am going to live with simpler passwords - (at least while testing...)

Hope this helps.

tuxenrique

Postby tuxenrique » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello, I'm having the same problem, I guess is something related with the Openmediavault configuration. Did you finally fixed it? How?

seidler2547
ownCloud version: 4.5.1a

Postby seidler2547 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 pm

ectoplasmosis First of all, congrats for installing it on OpenMediaVault - I love this system!

I had the same problem with ownCloud on my Debian Server, and since OpenMediaVault is based on Debian (squeeze) too, I thought I'd share my analysis and solution.

I believe that on Debian, Apache2 is compiled with options that do not allow to pass the HTTP "Authorization" header to mod-fcgid - this was really giving me a hard time finding out. As such, another workaround is needed, which can be found on my github: https://github.com/seidler2547/ownlcoud ... d86ae14fa7

If you don't know how to apply this patch, just download the files .htaccess, lib/base.php and lib/setup.php from my github to your ownCloud installation.

Would be great if someone else could test this.

Stefan

Lufrutta
ownCloud version: 4.5.7
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.3.4

Postby Lufrutta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 pm

seidler2547 Thank you for the Code on github!

In my case it works perfectly with owncloud 4.5.7. I tested on iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Note, Windows Client 1.2.0, Windows Client 1.2.1RC1 and WebDAV.