Error creating user Unable to create user. 8.0.2

Ask all your questions regarding OC 8.0 and 8.1 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
dorinelu
ownCloud version: 8.0.0
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.6

Error creating user Unable to create user. 8.0.2

Postby dorinelu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:58 am

Hello, i have this problem after i make upgrade at 8.0.2 from 8.0.0.7

Error creating user

Unable to create user.

don't want to create another users

Please help me

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3

Re: Error creating user Unable to create user. 8.0.2

Postby tflidd » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Can you check your logfiles for more information?

dorinelu
ownCloud version: 8.0.0
PHP version: PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.6

Postby dorinelu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:21 pm

i resolve the problem, after upgrade webdav was enabled with mismatch configuration, i disable webdav module, now is ok, but now i want to force all user to change password after first login, any ideea?

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Postby RealRancor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:15 pm

dorinelu wrote:but now i want to force all user to change password after first login, any ideea?

Thats currently not possible in OC.
*gone*

sgalan
ownCloud version: 7.0.2
PHP version: 5.5.3

Postby sgalan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:54 pm

RealRancor wrote:
dorinelu wrote:but now i want to force all user to change password after first login, any ideea?

Thats currently not possible in OC.

Well, I got used to a workaround (nothing special, actually). A tiny bit more work, but useful if you don't have lots of new users a day. The only thing you need is the email address of the future user (this is easy because mine is a hardly moderated site):

Create the new login name with a password of your own. Login with the new user and set the proper email address. Then exit and you can forget password.
Tell the new user about the new login name, but don't say anything about the password. Instead, make him/her set it up using the recovery tool provided by OwnCloud (as email address is already set up, this is possible)

I use a mail template to provide the login name beside a shared owncloud link of a PDF tutorial which explains (among other things) how to get logged in by clicking on the link to password recovery, in case the user does not figure out how to do it.

This ensures that only the email address owner can (and must) set a new password for his/her login (...well, admin always can).

Regards.

Edited: If admin' s users panel had the 'email' column, then logging in with the new login name could be avoided. Take note, please, developers ;-)

Vranicoff
ownCloud version: 8.2.2
Database: SQLite
PHP version: 5.4

Postby Vranicoff » Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm

I don't know this directly applies to this specific circumstance starting this thread, but I have just found that cutting and pasting the user name into the appropriate field was causing the referenced problem message for me. I must have been picking up something extra, maybe a space character. Once I deleted the entire value from the field and hand typed the characters in, the error went away.

This is in 9.0.1 now.