Upgrade to oC 8.1.x (known issues and faq)

Ask all your questions regarding OC 8.0 and 8.1 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Upgrade to oC 8.1.x (known issues and faq)

Postby RealRancor » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:39 pm

*gone*

plastilin

Postby plastilin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 am

Hello, after upgrade to version 8.1.5-12.1 in admin account lost all admin options. How i can fix it? OS: Ubuntu 14.04.3

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Postby RealRancor » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:10 am

Please create a new thread providing more info about your issue.
*gone*

plastilin

Postby plastilin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:06 pm

RealRancor wrote:Please create a new thread providing more info about your issue.

Ok. https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32261

smatthie
Beginner

Postby smatthie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:52 am

It might be worth mentioning that the encryption migration can take very (very very) long. In my case 5 full days (on ca 100Gb of data). Several times in between I wondered if it crashed, so having an indication of the time would have been useful as you need to plan in enough time.

Apparently what took so long was not the moving of the keyfiles as such, but then updating the oc_filecache table. I could see it was still working by checking the number of "%OC_DEFAULT_MODULE%" in the path in the oc_filecache database table.

May I just say that the upgrade from 7->8.0->8.1 was the most lengthy update ever with most problems, due to the encryption changes and the change in the apps system.

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3
Webserver: Apache

Postby tflidd » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:27 pm

smatthie wrote:It might be worth mentioning that the encryption migration can take very (very very) long. In my case 5 full days (on ca 100Gb of data). Several times in between I wondered if it crashed, so having an indication of the time would have been useful as you need to plan in enough time.

Apparently what took so long was not the moving of the keyfiles as such, but then updating the oc_filecache table. I could see it was still working by checking the number of "%OC_DEFAULT_MODULE%" in the path in the oc_filecache database table.

May I just say that the upgrade from 7->8.0->8.1 was the most lengthy update ever with most problems, due to the encryption changes and the change in the apps system.

5 days is indeed very long. You should have told something after the first long upgrade. Perhaps there is a configuration problem on your server or a bug in the software. Now, without detailed log files, configuration settings, it is hard to find a reason.

smatthie
Beginner

Postby smatthie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:06 pm

tflidd wrote:5 days is indeed very long. You should have told something after the first long upgrade. Perhaps there is a configuration problem on your server or a bug in the software. Now, without detailed log files, configuration settings, it is hard to find a reason.

The encryption migration finished without error, I didn't see any related entries in the log, and I haven't noticed any problems afterwards. It just took very long. So I don't think anything was broken as such, only that I have a lot of data in a lot of small files.

I just found this upgrade generally very fiddly, compared to previous ones, with the manual encryption migration and also the need to disable the apps and then reinstall them. You really had to be careful not to miss out any steps. The subsequent 8.1-8.2. upgrade was then trivial.