OC 8.0.4 - server is not properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems broken

Ask all your questions regarding OC 8.0 and 8.1 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
imopat
ownCloud version: 8.0.4
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

OC 8.0.4 - server is not properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems broken

Postby imopat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Steps to reproduce
1. Install ownCloud over Appcenter (Qnap)
2. Add Domain as "trusted domains"
3. Visit ownCloud over domain (cloud.xxx.xx)

Expected behaviour
ownCloud should work an don't show any errors.

Actual behaviour
If I visit the Adminpage I get the following error:
Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.
If I visit the Adminpage over the local IP there is no error visible..
In the log I get the following error:
Error PHP Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 1 at Unknown#0

Server configuration
Operating system: Qnap Embedded Linux, QTS 4.2.0 (built 20160311)
Web server: Apache
PHP version: 5.5.31
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): ownCloud 8.0.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: fresh install
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

Code: Select all

Debug   core   OC\Tags::__construct, tags: Array ( )   2016-04-15T12:50:19+00:00
Debug   core   OC\Tags::__construct, tags: Array ( )   2016-04-15T12:49:47+00:00
Debug   core   OC\Tags::__construct, tags: Array ( )   2016-04-15T12:48:44+00:00
Error           PHP   Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 1 at Unknown#0   2016-04-15T12:48:22+00:00
Debug   core   OC\Tags::__construct, tags: Array ( )   2016-04-15T12:48:22+00:00
Debug   core   OC\Tags::__construct, tags: Array ( )   2016-04-15T12:48:21+00:00
Error           PHP   Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 1 at Unknown#0   2016-04-15T12:47:38+00:00
Error    PHP   Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 1 at Unknown#0   2016-04-15T12:21:48+00:00
Error    PHP   Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 1 at Unknown#0   2016-04-15T12:20:25+00:00

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): nothing

Hello ownCloud community,

thats my first post, so sorry if I missed something.
I was searching for a solution all over the Internet and didn't found something useful. :(

I use ownCloud since about a year. I had the version 8.2.2 installed and everything was working fine. Then I made the update to v 8.2.3, after this update the whole cloud got messed up and was showing the error above (..Webdav broken). Because I didn't got the cloud to work again I decided to make a fresh install.
After the new install the error was gone. so I first configured the "trusted Domains" and added my domain (cloud.xxx.xx).
Now if I visit the cloud over the local IP everything is fine, but if I visit my ownCloud over domain (cloud.xxx.xx) the error is shown. (..Webdav broken). So I don't know exactly, but if the WebDAV is working over the IP it should also work over the Domain, right?

I love ownCloud and would be very glad if someone could help me.
Is there somebody who had the same error? Does somebody have a solution?

If you need any further informations, I will provide it asap.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!
Greetings,
Patrick

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: OC 8.0.4 - server is not properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems broken

Postby RealRancor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi,

if you're starting from scratch please use at least oC 8.0.11 as 8.0.4 is too outdated and contains various security issues and bugs. The best is to contact the packager of this version so he provides a current bugfree version.
*gone*

imopat

Re: OC 8.0.4 - server is not properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems broken

Postby imopat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi RealRancor,
Thank you for your fast reply!
The problem is that in the official Qnap Appstore there is just the v 8.0.4 avaible, but earlier I was able to perform an update over the WebUI, but since this problem I didn't get any notifications that an update is avaible.
Does it work if I only copy the contain from the Tar.gz archive into my owncloud folder?
Something additional, I can't use the occ command. Everytime I try I get an error (at the moment I'm not at home so I can't give you the errormessage. I will post it as soon i am at home..)
Thank you for your help.
Greetings,
Patrick

RealRancor
ownCloud master

Postby RealRancor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi,

you can't upgrade from 8.0.4 to 8.2.3 or 9.0.1 via the WebGUI. See also:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35199#p113309

How to upgrade an ownCloud installation itself is dscribed here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/adm ... grade.html

The steps might differ on a QNap installed ownCloud so this probably could be something what you could ask the QNap community.
*gone*

imopat

Postby imopat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi RealRancor,
so now I am at home.
I would like to do the upgrade like you recommended it, but i can't use the occ command.
If I try I to use the command I get the following error message:

PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant __DIR__ - assumed '__DIR__' in [...]owncloud/owncloud/occ on line 11
PHP Warning: require_once(__DIR__/console.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/owncloud/owncloud/occ on line 11
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '__DIR__/console.php' (include_path='.:') in [...]owncloud/owncloud/occ on line 11

Do you have a solution for this error?

Greetings,
Patrick

RealRancor
ownCloud master

Postby RealRancor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi,

whats the output of:

php -v

entered into the command line on your NAS?
*gone*

imopat

Postby imopat » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:57 am

Hello RealRancor,
I've used Optware ipkg to install pkg's on my Qnap, in ipkg there is only the version 5.2.17.

# php -v
PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Feb 23 2012 15:05:00)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

So to get a newer php version I have to install Entware opkg, there the version 5.6.18 is available.
I will get it to work and try the occ command again.
Btw. which PHP version is supported by the occ command?

Thank you in advance.
Greetings,
Patrick

RealRancor
ownCloud master

Postby RealRancor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 am

Hi,

thats the issue here. occ has the same requirements as oC itself (which is currently PHP 5.4).
*gone*

imopat

Postby imopat » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi RealRancor,

finally I have installed a new PHP version:

# php-cli -v
PHP 5.6.18 (cli) (built: Mar 27 2016 22:33:56)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

but if I try to use the occ command I get a new error shown:

# php-cli occ
PHP Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in [...]/owncloud/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php on line 172
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function hash() in [...]/owncloud/owncloud/lib/private/request.php on line 52

What does this error mean exactly? What should I do to solve this problem?
Because it looks like, without the occ command I can't get my ownCloud to work again. :cry:

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend!
Greetings,
Patrick

RealRancor
ownCloud master

Postby RealRancor » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:37 pm

imopat wrote:PHP Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in [...]/owncloud/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php on line 172

Your PHP cli environment is missing the needed PDO and database drivers.

imopat wrote:PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function hash() in [...]/owncloud/owncloud/lib/private/request.php on line 52[/i]

No idea.

For such issues i strongly advice to ask for help at a community dedicated to QNAP as already advised. They now that QNAP environment better and know how to solve such issues not seen on a Standard-Environment like Debian.
*gone*