Can't Access Files after upgrade (from 5.0.13 to 8.1.6)

Ask all your questions regarding OC 8.0 and 8.1 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
amedina
ownCloud version: 8.1.6
Webserver: Apache
Database: SQLite

Can't Access Files after upgrade (from 5.0.13 to 8.1.6)

Postby amedina » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" thread.

Hi all,
I had owncloud 5.0.2 installed on Debian 7 and using sqlite3 database, and decided to upgraded to version 8.1.6:

Steps to reproduce
1. Uninstall owncloud 5.0.13 (using apt-get remove owncloud-server )
2. rename the /var/www/owncloud to /var/www/owncloud.old
3. install owncloud via apt-get
4. access to the new installation, create a new admin user (using same username and pass that previous installed version) and point the data location to the data folder used on the OC 5.0.13
5. ran the upgrade process to the database

Expected behaviour
Access to web interface using any of the users existing in the previous installation and access all files

Actual behaviour
1. Only the new admin can access the system, the users from the old installation can't access (wrong password error)
2. I can see the files I all the files the admin has in the previous installation, but can't access any file ("can't open file" error on all files)
3. I can see all users that I had in the previous installation in the new installation, but any of the users can't access because of "wrong password" error.
4. When I could access to the files, I ran "occ encryption:migrate", but I can't access any file yet.

I want to install OC 5.0.13 again and restore a backup, but I can't find the previos installations of OC. There's a way to recover access to this files?

Server configuration
Operating system: Debian 7
Web server: Apache
Database: Sqlite3
PHP version:
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 5.0.13
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: upgrade from older
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Can't Access Files after upgrade (from 5.0.13 to 8.1.6)

Postby RealRancor » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi,

for upgrading 5.0.13 you would need to do the following steps:

5.013 -> 5.0.19 -> 6.0.9 -> 7.0.13 -> 8.0.11 -> 8.1.6

All old files are linked here:

https://owncloud.org/changelog/

As no one can guarantee that such a migration is working at all its probably better to make a backup of your files on client-side and start from scratch with a fresh install of 8.2.3 or 9.0.1
*gone*