Contact add/edit freeze with greyed out field

Ask all your questions regarding OC 8.0 and 8.1 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
dolon
ownCloud version: 8.1.6
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

Contact add/edit freeze with greyed out field

Postby dolon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:42 am

Hi All,

recently after a server crash I try to recover my owncloud. My backups are correct and I can reinstall the server. However even with a totally new fresh install (no backup restored) whenever I want to add a contact the name field is greyed out and not uploaded. It creates the entry into the sql but some of the fields are empty there. It looks like the java cannot upload properly the data to the field. It is the same with my phone sync.
I beleive it is a wrong apache server configuration, but don't know what functions should be updated.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.42 KiB) Viewed 1499 times

thanks for any help

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Contact add/edit freeze with greyed out field

Postby RealRancor » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 am

Hi,

unfortunately the contacts app of oC below 9.0 is outdated, unmaintained and contains various bugs not fixed:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33498

It might be possible that you're hitting some of the bugs. If you're starting from scratch its the best to choose directly ownCloud 9.0.1 which brings a contacts app still supported and maintained.
*gone*