Migrating from OpenLDAP to Active Directory

Ask all your questions regarding OC 8.2 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
solly989
ownCloud version: 8.2.4
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.6

Migrating from OpenLDAP to Active Directory

Postby solly989 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:08 am

Hello All,

We are about 50 users, we are using OpenLDAP for user authentication. We are moving to Active Directory and I predict that my users will not have the same functionality since the UUID will be changing. What I mean is I'm not expecting OC to work correctly. Side note, the CA on OpenLDAP is broken and poorly documented for our enterprise so even if we migrate to another OpenLDAP instance we will still run in to the UUID issue.

Is there any suggestion for migrating from one LDAP to another? My plan otherwise is to build out the AD, import the user list, build a new oC (Probably oC9 with php7), let users login to activate their folders, then FTP their data in from the old oC. I'm sure this will break their sharing schema and they will be forced to create shares all over again. We have some apps like Docs, Notes, ClamAV, and Video/Photo viewer, but nothing really integrated like Calendar or Contacts.

Is there is a smoother way, maybe with the oC LDAP module? I'm thinking that maybe I can associate their oC accounts against something other than the UUID and if so then I might be able to run the LDAPs in parallel, and then remove the OpenLDAP instance, but I'm not sure.

Server configuration
Operating system: Cent 7
Web server: Apache
Database: MariaDB
PHP version: 5.6
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 8.2.3
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): OpenLDAP, no encryption

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Migrating from OpenLDAP to Active Directory

Postby RealRancor » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:04 am

Maybe you can gather some info from this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33464
*gone*

solly989