Calendar update and Mariadb issues

Ask all your questions regarding OC 9.0 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
eldrich
ownCloud version: 9.0.0
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4

Calendar update and Mariadb issues

Postby eldrich » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

A quick Q here,
We had an aborted OC upgrade 8.2 -> 9.0 , which then we managed to get complete are dropping a db table but after 3 days we've realised that the Calendar does not work at all.
When we do Files -> calendar the calendar page opens but there is no default calendar as we can not create any calendars as any user. The box drops down but is missing any buttons.
Checking the Mariadb between a working machine and a non-working one shows that the working one has db tables
oc_calendars and oc_calendarobjects whereas the non-working one is missing them and these instead:

| oc_clndr_calendars |
| oc_clndr_objects |
| oc_clndr_repeat |
| oc_clndr_share_calendar |
| oc_clndr_share_event

So we're pretty sure it was a failed db upgrade that has taken us down.
We don't need any of the previous calendar data we want to start afresh so we're happy to just drop the _clndr_ tables -= the question is thou how do we create oc_calendars and oc_calendarobjest so we can move forward?

We can't just roll back to 8.2 and try again because people have added files (not calendar entries) since then.

Thanks

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Re: Calendar update and Mariadb issues

Postby RealRancor » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:36 am

Hi,

have a look at this blogpost for some technical background info about the calendar migration:

http://morrisjobke.de/2016/03/07/ownClo ... -analysis/

You could also revert to a backup of oC8 and wait until 9.0.1 is released which might fix some existing migration issues.
*gone*

eldrich

Postby eldrich » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:07 am

Had a look and tied some of the things from there including migrating a calendar - but not luck.
This may help:
If I use occ to try to create a caledndar it fails with Table owncloud.oc_calendars not found.

All I need I think is a mysql command to create the tables needed for the oc9 calendar but I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

[root@owncloud7 owncloud]# sudo -u apache ./occ dav:create-calendar admin test

[Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableNotFoundException]
An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTO `oc_calendars` (`principaluri`, `uri`, `synctoken`, `transparent`, `componen ts`, `displayname`) VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)' with params ["principals\/users\/admin", "test", 1, 0, "VEVENT,VTODO", "test"]:
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'owncloud.oc_calendars' doesn't exist

[Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException]
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'owncloud.oc_calendars' doesn't exist

[PDOException]

dav:create-calendar <user> <name>

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Postby RealRancor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:43 am

Hi,

then i'm suggesting:

RealRancor wrote:You could also revert to a backup of oC8 and wait until 9.0.1 is released which might fix some existing migration issues.
*gone*

eldrich

Postby eldrich » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 am

That's going to cause us some issues because oc9 has been running for 3 days and already has a lot of new files on it - some shared some not.

I think I have another solution, I have another oc9 machine where the calendar is working, so I ran an mysqldump on that and it dumps to an ascii file where the start of each table starts with a CREATE TABLE.

I use those to create the tables on a cloned copy of our broken one and it seems to be enough to fix the problem.
Thanks for your suggestion thou.