OwnCloud 9 and Trusted Domains - I just want to access my OwnCloud from Anywhere

Ask all your questions regarding OC 9.0 Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
bmcgonag

OwnCloud 9 and Trusted Domains - I just want to access my OwnCloud from Anywhere

Postby bmcgonag » Mon May 09, 2016 12:00 am

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" thread.

I run OwnCloud 9 Server on a Linux (Ubuntu 15.10) server. It works on localhost, and I had it setup allowing all traffic, but apparently the config.php got replaced on the last upgrade, and now I again am unable to access the server from any client machines.

I get that you want to have security, and as an option that is fine. But it should only be an option. So, if I'm missing something that will allow me to easily just allow access to my OwnCloud server from anywhere, please enlighten me.

When I search, all I find is info on adding ip addresses to the trusted domains array. I couldn't possibly begin to add all of the possible ip addresses to this array that I may want / need to connect to my own cloud from.

I just want to sync, and access my files. Please, if there is a wildcard, or a way to disable the trusted domains aspect, let me know. I appreciate any help, and look forward to your assistance.

bmcgonag

Re: OwnCloud 9 and Trusted Domains - I just want to access my OwnCloud from Anywhere

Postby bmcgonag » Mon May 09, 2016 12:02 am

Wait. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Stand by. Trying something.

tflidd
Forum Moderator
ownCloud version: 8.2.3
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL

Re: OwnCloud 9 and Trusted Domains - I just want to access my OwnCloud from Anywhere

Postby tflidd » Mon May 09, 2016 12:07 am

Trusted domain is only for the server name. You can access your owncloud from all clients.

pyheme
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.9

Postby pyheme » Mon May 09, 2016 6:53 pm

@bmcgonag, I ran into a similar problem on my install upon upgrading the system (apt-get upgrade). In case it helps, my issue was that my Owncloud install was at the example.com and not example.com/owncloud as planned for by default by Owncloud.

The solution was to add to the config.php file the following line:

Code: Select all

'overwrite.cli.url' => '/',

and to change in the .htaccess file:

RewriteBase /owncloud

to:

RewriteBase /

Hope that helps.

bmcgonag

Postby bmcgonag » Wed May 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I appreciate it. I access my owncloud through http://localhost/owncloud now, and it works.

But, when I try any IP from another machine, even though those IPs are entered in Trusted Domain array, it gives me the error.

I'll try the re-write you show, but not sure that's the issue.

I really wish Trusted Domains was an option, and not a requirement. It's my ownCloud after all, and I intentionally store nothing in it that I would worry about someone getting anyway.

But, it is what it is. I appreciate the helpful post. I'll give your solution a try when I can.