How to install ownCloud 5 on webhoster one.com

Tutorials on ownCloud administration
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
ninobox
Beginner

How to install ownCloud 5 on webhoster one.com

Postby ninobox » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Ultimately, I managed to install the newest release on one.com, one of my preferred webhosters. Please check out my blog at http://www.luxgruppe.de/tech/?p=237 where you find all the instructions. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Cheers,
Michael

RandolphCarter
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 8.1.1
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.5.x

Re: How to install ownCloud 5 on webhoster one.com

Postby RandolphCarter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Comment out in .htaccess the last line saying “Options -Indexes” to “# Options -Indexes”

What was the error that you got when this wasn't enabled? I'm not 100% sure but I think I've got Indexes turned off and ownCloud works just fine...
I found out that for whatever reason WebDAV file uploads are restricted to 128M, you can still upload bigger files using FTP – I’m still looking for a solution to make ownCloud rescan for new files which is required so it identifies the new uploads.

Probably either a misconfiguration or a bug - it should work also with bigger files, and uploading via FTP is not really how ownCloud is intended to be used - do you get any errors when the files are larger, either in client, owncloud or server log file?

RealRancor
ownCloud master
ownCloud version: 9.0.2
Webserver: nginx
PHP version: 7.0.x

Postby RealRancor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:08 pm

The Options Indexes option shouldn't interference with OC at all because as you can see here:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options

it's just provides an autoindex of the current directory.
*gone*

ninobox
Beginner

Postby ninobox » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Commenting out " Options -Indexes " was needed because One.com did not accept the .htaccess file resulting into an "Internal server error" of Apache. I could not identify any negative consequences either with the changed htaccess-file.

The 128M limitation for WebDAV uploads is strange: I cannot find any errors in OC logs or the weblog files of one.com - the upload though works until the end (380M) and then the FTP client says "Internal error". In the directory you will find only a filename.part file with 128M...

The workaround using FTP does not even need a manual rescan of the folders, it seems that OC is finding the files automatically after a couple of minutes. WebDAV would be great, it would be even greater if the Mac internal WebDAV client was not so extremely slow and would support special characters in filenames as äöü (otherwise uploads stop with an error)...

tcr78
ownCloud version: 5.0.7

Postby tcr78 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi, I just tried to installe OwnCloud on my One.com webhost.
I can't quite seem to get it to work however....

Following your instructions I FTP'ed all the files to my host, edited the htaccess file and proceeded to run the setup.
Next I'm asked to create an admin account, which I do (I leave the advanced settings the way they are suggested).

Then I'm asked for authentication for Xcache Administration. I don't know what to enter here... I can't get past this.

Can anyone help, please?

RealRancor
ownCloud master

Postby RealRancor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi,

tcr78 wrote:Then I'm asked for authentication for Xcache Administration. I don't know what to enter here... I can't get past this.

if you don't know this password try to google on how to disable xcache or contact your hoster to either disable xcache or ask for the password.
*gone*

tcr78

Postby tcr78 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:17 pm

My hoster told me I can't login to this. So I asked them to disable the Xcache, which they told me they did.

However I still get exactly the same request for authentication....

RealRancor
ownCloud master

Postby RealRancor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 am

Hi,

then its easy: They havn't disabled this for you. This cleaning is only done if xcache is detected by OC.
*gone*

tecnologiatotal
ownCloud version: 5.0.3
PHP version: 5.3.20

Postby tecnologiatotal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:17 am

tcr78 wrote:Hi, I just tried to installe OwnCloud on my One.com webhost.
I can't quite seem to get it to work however....

Following your instructions I FTP'ed all the files to my host, edited the htaccess file and proceeded to run the setup.
Next I'm asked to create an admin account, which I do (I leave the advanced settings the way they are suggested).

Then I'm asked for authentication for Xcache Administration. I don't know what to enter here... I can't get past this.

Can anyone help, please?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem! But this happend only with new versions.... some months ago I install the version 5.0.3 and work fine. Today I do a new install using the last version and receive the same xcache error message! I download the version 5.0.3 again, and use it instead of version 5.0.8, and work fine, NO errors!!! I will test all other versions between 5.0.3 and 5.0.8, I will post the results later...

tcr78

Postby tcr78 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:12 am

So something must've changed in the latest versions. I'll try an older versions like you suggested and see if it works for me.