Troubleshooting "Csync update failed"?

Ask all your questions on desktop sync clients. Please read the Support Forum Rules
Forum rules
The forums were migrated over to https://central.owncloud.org which is based on the forum software Discourse. The forums here is put into read-only mode starting from today.

More background information about this move and the reasoning behind it is available in this blogpost:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2016/07/20 ... d-central/
leeportnoff

Troubleshooting "Csync update failed"?

Postby leeportnoff » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

I just installed OwnCloud 4.5.2 and Windows Client 1.1.1 (on windows 7 64-bit).
I tried to sync one folder and get 'Csync update failed' when I check the owncloud server it says 'nothing here. upload something.'
What are the trouble shooting steps?
thanks.

rakekniven
Inventory
ownCloud version: 9.0.1
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.6.x

Re: Troubleshooting "Csync update failed"?

Postby rakekniven » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Start Client with logwindow Option and see what goes wrong.
ownCloud is not only about files. There is so much more. Explore the apps to extend your ownCloud.

leeportnoff

Postby leeportnoff » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks. I started owncloud from a dos prompt window with 'C:\Program Files (x86)\owncloud\owncloud --logwindow'
It says issqlite3_compile error: no such table: metadata so I will look for threads on that.

rakekniven
Inventory
ownCloud version: 9.0.1
Webserver: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.6.x

Postby rakekniven » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 am

OH, compile error doesn't look good.
Could you please uninstall/install again?

Please see our brand new FAQ entry viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6526
There I describe starting owncloud using a shortcut.

I have exactly the same environment as you. So we will get it to work :-)
ownCloud is not only about files. There is so much more. Explore the apps to extend your ownCloud.

dgoo2308

Postby dgoo2308 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm facing same trouble on Mac Mountain Lion.
log file shows:
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.lock - Creating lock file: /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//lock
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.lock - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.lock - Create temporary lock file: /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud/tmp_lock_XXXXXX
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.lock - Write pid (36168) to temporary lock file: /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud/tmp_lock_XrzNIZ
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.lock - Create a hardlink from /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud/tmp_lock_XrzNIZ to /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//lock.
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.config - config file /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//ocsync.conf not found, checking /Users/danny/.ocsync/ocsync.conf
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.config - Copy /usr/local/etc/config/ocsync.conf to /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//ocsync.conf
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.api - Could not load config file /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//ocsync.conf, using defaults.
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.api - Could not load /usr/local/etc/ocsync/ocsync_exclude.conf - No such file or directory
11-26 21:26:39:242 csync.api - Could not load /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//ocsync_exclude.conf - No such file or directory
11-26 21:26:39:243 csync.api - Journal: /Users/danny/ownCloud/.csync_journal.db
11-26 21:26:39:243 csync.statedb - sqlite version mismatch
11-26 21:26:39:244 csync.statedb - sqlite3_compile error: no such table: metadata - on query SELECT COUNT(phash) FROM metadata LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0;
11-26 21:26:39:244 csync.statedb - statedb doesn't exist

I find it strange seeing : Creating lock file: /Users/danny/Library/Application Support/ownCloud//lock => note the double //

secondly : csync.statedb - sqlite version mismatch, followed by compile error.....

Any body else notice this problem? Already using latest version 1.1.2RC as 1.1.1 had same problem

leeportnoff

Postby leeportnoff » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 am

Problem in previous post is the same as me. My log file shows an SQL error that starts with 'incorrect sqlite3 version' and continues with problem accessing the database. Seems that the databse is not installed correctly or not working for some reason. I started a new topic on this specific error.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6538

gijss
ownCloud version: 4.5.3

Postby gijss » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 pm

After some hours of frustrating :evil: debugging it seems to work by using the latest client in XP-compatibility mode.
I suggest you try that.

Good luck!

Captain_Rage
ownCloud version: 4.5.4

Postby Captain_Rage » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am

Same here! Installed ownCloud on a clean installation of Arm Arch Linux on a Raspberry Pi the other day. Everything regarding webservers/PHP is new to me, but after two days of tinkering ownCloud started to work.
However, I am experiencing same problem with the client not syncing.

Server configuration:
    Machine: Raspberry Pi
    Database: SQLite
    Webserver: lighttpd

Client configuration:
    Client: ownCloud client 1.1.3

Two sync folders are set up. One is working correctly but the other is giving me these compile errors and is not synchronizing. The thing is that the malfunctioning folder was working when I set it up, up to 227 MiB (the whole folder being 550 MiB).

I also noticed this in the folder configuration files:

Code: Select all

[Banan]
localPath=C:\\Users\\Martin\\Desktop\\Banan
targetPath=Banan
backend=owncloud
connection=ownCloud
onlyThisLAN=false

This is the working folder.

Code: Select all

[Dokument]
localPath=D:/Privat/Dokument/Studier/H\xf6gskola
targetPath=Dokument
backend=owncloud
connection=ownCloud
onlyThisLAN=false

This is the malfunctioning folder.

Why is the path differing with one having \\ and the other /? Isn't it strange..? Also, the character 'ö' seems to be wrong (the last directory should read 'Högskola').
As mentioned, about half the files/sub-directories in the folder got synchronized (at least in the start), then it just stopped working.

Running the client program in compatibilty mode with Windows XP still gives the same error messages.

Has anyone resolved this yet?

matt.s

Postby matt.s » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 am

same problem here. Client syncs a couple of GB's, then quits. Logwindow says "csync.statedb - sqlite3_compile error: no such table:..." and is crashing/responding very slowly.

Server: Owncloud 4.5.4. on Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Clients testet: 1.1.3. on Win XP SP3 32 bit & Win 7 Professional 64 bit

owncloud.log on server shows no info.

Any ideas??

matt.s

Postby matt.s » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

I just did a reinstall using PostgreSQL, but I still get the same error. I don't understand why I get an "sqlite3"-error when I told owncloud to use PostgreSQL? On the other hand, the previous installation I used MySQL and also got an sqlite-error...